02 August 2010

First Impressions


At first glance, this day is bleak. The sky is completely overcast. I mean grey. And yet, I think it will clear. I think this day is not what it first seems. I have sneaking suspicion that there is clear blue sky in the near future. But you wouldn't know it from the sky.

First impressions can be tricky. Think of how many judgements you make based on first impressions. More specifically, think about how many incorrect judgements you make based on first impressions only to discover that you were wrong. Do we really need to make such quick judgements? What would happen if we didn't? What would happen if we took the time to get to know someone or something before we judged them or it? What would happen if we didn't judge it? Ever? I would like to propose that we make an effort to allow for a second impression and see what opens up in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment