22 August 2010

Ineffable Presence

The sunrise is pervasive in Ojai. We are situated in a valley completely surrounded by an expanse of mountains. When the sun rises the whole valley lights up. There is absolutely no variation in colour, texture or light. In fact, there is no differentiation between yesterday's sunrise and today's sunrise. The immutable and unchangeable qualities of consciousness are very real in the Ojai valley.

There is a part of all of us that is unchangeable. This part is also unhurtable and cannot die. It is the part of us that somehow connected to all that is. I can't even begin to discuss it because I don't really understand myself. But I know that it's there. And I become very acutely aware of it on mornings such as this. The presence is there. It's not going anywhere. And there is nothing, absolutely nothing that you can do to alter it, change it or upset it. It just is.

No comments:

Post a Comment