27 October 2010

Windy Colours

The Australian jet lag is in full force. I rose briefly this morning to witness a windy storm of fall colours as the sun exploded into full view. For some reasons, colours seem clearer on windy days. The sunlight definitely highlights the contrast between the reds, yellows and oranges. I love this time of year.

Autumn is a time for introspection as the cycle continues slowing down towards winter. Paradoxically, in the southern hemisphere, it is spring and a time for growth and expansion. I have been spending a lot of time going between Toronto and Sydney this time of year and my experience has been unusual. When I am in Toronto, I feel compelled to slow down and rest. Yet, the very next day I could be in Sydney and the spring energy makes me want to go out and get things done. I wonder what drives the response. Perhaps jet lag is that middle ground where the body adjusts to more than just a difference in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment