17 October 2010

Bright and Clear

There wasn't a cloud in the sky this morning. It was cold, clear and very crisp as the sun rose right out of the Pacific Ocean. The light was very bright as there was absolutely no barriers between the sun and my eyes. It was a glorious morning.

I walked along the rocks at Balmoral Beach and let the sun's ray bounce off the ocean and onto my face. I welcomed the warmth after an unusually cold Australian spring night. It's amazing how happy a little sunlight and heat can make me. In fact, I am often delighted by the little things in life. I love the smell of these little white flowers on the green hedges in the park across the street from where I am staying. I love the smell that wafts over from the coffee shop when they bake muffins in the morning. There is so much pleasure to be had in the simple, little things in life. It's a wonder, really, why we bother looking anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment