16 October 2010

Concentrated Beauty

The colour of the sunrise was centred around a focal point today. It wasn't as broad as it usually is. It was a very clear and windy day so perhaps there was nothing that stayed in one place long enough for the light to reflect off of.

I wasn't expecting it to be so cold today. It's amazing how this expectation threw my morning off. Expectations have a way of doing that. I needed to employ flexibility of behaviour this morning and it was a bit of a wake-up call when I found myself a little attached to my expectation. I took a step back. Where else what I attached to my expectations? Where else could I use a little more flexibility in my behaviour? I don't think it's as important to always get what you want. Rather, I think it might be equally important to learn how to want what you get. There is always a lesson in everything. It's all a gift. All of it. No exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment