23 October 2010

Stairway to Heaven

They say that the light from the sun across the water is a stairway to heaven. And this morning, I was inclined to believe them. I sat on the Middle Head near Sydney and watched the sun rise out of the ocean. It was nothing short of spectacular with nothing between me and the sun. For a fleeting moment, I thought I could just step right on the that stairway and make my way to heaven.

Some say that heaven is a state of mind. Some say that heaven is right here, right now. Some say the same thing for hell. Perhaps it's just a choice of focus. If you focus on heaven then you get heaven and if you focus on hell then you get hell. I think it's a little of both. In fact, my own personal hell is a world where nothing changes and there is no growth and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment