18 October 2010

Picture Perfect Day



It was a postcard sunrise today. The sun began its gentle ascent preceded by a faint glow of yellow and orange light. This faded into purple and blue. The sky continued to grow lighter and lighter until the bright golden sun popped up out of the ocean between the two cliffs in the distance. The air instantly warmed up when the sun broke the horizon. It was a brilliantly sunny day.

I am particularly grateful today because nine years ago today my daughter blessed me with her presence in my life. It's hard not to focus on gratitude on a day like today. I was surrounded by sweetness and beautiful weather and good friends. Gratitude can shift almost any mood or any focus. By focusing on how grateful I am for Molly I was able to find beauty all over the place during my day. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment