04 October 2010

Disappearing Days


I watched the sun eventually rise from the window of my seat on the flight from Toronto to Sydney. I lost a day in the process. It will be tricky to maintain the blog on eastern time but that is my intention. It was so good to see the sunrise this morning because it meant that there were only 6 hours left on my 24 hour journey. I can't believe you can fly for almost 18 hours and only be over the Pacific Ocean the entire time.

It reminds me how immense this world is and how tiny we are in comparison. It gives reference to my problems as I hold them in my mind. I am once again humbled by the vastness of my surroundings and how every experience becomes a matter of perspective. There is no challenge that cannot be overcome by simply chunking up to a larger meaning. This is a very powerful distinction and one that I was reminded of again this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment