31 March 2010

Sunrise Moonset



What a treat this morning. As the sun was lighting up the morning sky, the almost-full (slightly waning) moon was setting on the opposite side of the lake. It was so beautiful. I couldn't decide which direction I liked better. I was stuck at how balanced the whole situation was. That's the second time that balance has come up in my life in the last 24 hours.

I was being interviewed last night and one of the questions asked was about balance and specifically, how I maintained it. I realized that my definition of balance might be different than others. For me, balance isn't about stagnation or stand-still. Rather, balance is about harmony and equilibrium. In my life, the best way that I have discovered to find balance is to follow the flow and ease in my life. In other words, I have stopped trying to push water uphill. The result has been a more harmonious existence peppered with unforeseen surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment