02 March 2010

Slow Start

It was another slow starter today. The sky was overcast at sunrise and yet by 10am, it was a brilliant blue clear sky. What does that reflect to me today. Well, I certainly am feeling the same way. It usually takes me a while to get going in the morning. Today is a perfect example of that. I have some tasks to do today that are my favourite part of this business. Yet, they must get done today. In a few minutes, I will actually go over to the filing cabinet and get them finished.

How often do I resist doing the things that have to get done but aren't as fun as the things that I love to do. I know there is a learning in this experience. I think it has to do with approaching EVERYTHING as if it were the best task ever. During the Olympics, one of the broadcasters said this of the figure skaters "most athletes try to skate the Olympics as if they were just another practice however the real champions are the ones who skate every practice as if it were the Olympics". What a great distinction! With that viewpoint I am off to do my tasks as if they were the only thing that mattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment