23 March 2010

The Big Apple

I am in NYC today and the sunrise was nonexistent this morning. It was complete cloud cover. I don't think it really matters in NY because it would be virtually impossible to see the sun rise amongst these crazy tall buildings anyway. In a way, the sun's energy is better used elsewhere because this city is alive with energy despite the lack of sunrise today.

I love New York. How cliche is that? Seriously, I love it. I have never seen it rain so hard as it did last night and yet even the torrential downpour didn't slow the pace of this city one little bit. In fact, at one point, the corner was so busy that I had to use some umbrella maneuvering tricks to get through a crowd to cross the street. People here have focus; intense focus. And it seems that nothing throws them off their target. Not a downpour and certainly not a cloudy sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment