25 March 2010

Soft and Stunning



There was purple in the sunrise this morning. I don't mean reddish-blue, I mean full-out purple/lavender. It was breathtaking. There was only a small window in the sky where the sun could actually peek through yet it used all of the space that it had to create the most stunning display. It used what it had. I didn't notice it lamenting what it did not have.

What a great principle to live by in life - use what you have. Imagine if you used all the resources that you had. What could you possible do with what you have? The sun seemed to leverage the small space to create a focal point for colour and light. I think of all the times I worried about what I DIDN'T have instead of focusing on what I did have. If the sun can make that much beauty with about 5% of the sky then perhaps I could work wonders with what I have right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment