30 March 2010

Sunny and Sad

The sun came up today, unobstructed by any clouds. I also found out today that am woman that I knew died last year. I didn't know her well. We only shared a few days each summer at September Camp. Yet, this news of her death saddens me. Perhaps it is because she is only 5 years older than me. Perhaps it is because her children are the same age as mine. Perhaps it is because I didn't get to know her better and now I never can.

What else have I missed the opportunity to do because I always thought that I would do it later? What else have I put off for another day when it can be done today? What a wake-up call to live each day to the fullest and put the little things aside. I think I'll leave it at that today and get on with those things that I can do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment