21 November 2010

Quiet Day

Totally overcast this morning. And I'm grateful for that. It's the morning after my 40th birthday celebration. I got up at sunrise and then went back to bed after a moment of contemplation. I realized that even the sun wanted me to stay in bed this morning. It is snowing as I write this. The snow is melting as soon as it hits the ground but there is definitely white stuff falling from the sky. There is no denying it, winter is making an entrance.

It reminds me of the process of change. Once the process of change has begun there is no going back to the old way of being. Pain and suffering are a result of resisting the changes which have been set in motion. It's similar to the analogy of removing a band-aid. The best way is always to rip it off as fast as possible. Short term pain for long term gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment