01 November 2010

Not Everything Is As It Seems

At first glance, this morning's sunrise was pretty beautiful in Sydney. There were various layers of clouds allowing the sunlight to bounce all over the place in a variety of shades. I'm staying the central business district and thus surrounded by many buildings. I managed to get a clear view of the sunrise this morning. However, despite the lovely start to the day, it quickly turned sour as rain clouds moved in and rain started pouring in a fairly steady rhythm all day.

Often times, things don't turn out as we expect them to. They start out in one direction and end up in a very different direction by the end. It's hard to stay positive when challenged with a complete turn of events. In fact, I know that I feel like throwing in the towel and completely giving up sometimes when life gets the best of me. However, I also know that there is a learning opportunity behind every experience, even the ones that hurt. In fact, especially the ones that hurt. They usually contain the richest opportunity for pure growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment