18 November 2010

A New Era

There shouldn't have been a sunrise today. The sky was completely overcast and it has been raining for 3 days straight. Yet, I was determined to go for a walk and watch the sunrise today because it is my 40th birthday. Every year for a long time, I have been watching the sunrise on my birthday. Obviously, this isn't as big of a deal this year since I have watched 321 sunrises in 2010 so far. Against all cloud-cover odds there was a beautiful golden sunrise this morning through the only gap in the clouds. It was a precious gift from you-know-who.

This particular sunrise is a big deal to me because it marks the first one at age 40. Not only is this a new year, it is a new era for me. I like new eras. They hold so much possibility. My intention is to take this decade by storm. I want to play a bigger game. I want to impact a lot more people. I want to love more than I ever have. These things all sound cliche but I'm pretty serious about accomplishing them. I intend to be like the sunrise this morning. I intend to find any gap in the proverbial cloud-cover through which I can shine my own light. And I intend to start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment