24 November 2010

Interesting Observation


The lake was dead-calm and the sky was almost completely clear. I noticed something very interesting about the sunrise. There wasn't much to photograph because nothing was changing. Everything was still and steady. It was beautiful but it wasn't exciting. I didn't realize how much I liked the influence of the clouds and the wind. I found myself looking for objects to photograph instead of just photographing the actual sunrise.

I started to think about all the times in my life when I would try to wish away the chaos. Or the times when I would beg for a little peace and quiet. Now I am starting to question that strategy. Perhaps the challenges and perturbations in life are there to keep things interesting as well as to help us grow and evolve. Might life get a little boring if nothing ever changed or nothing ever happened? I know that it helps to focus on what's right when things are changing but perhaps it might also help to focus on what's changing and hold it as a point of interest instead of point of resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment