02 November 2010

From the Darkness


The sun always comes out of the darkness. This morning was no different. Due to the time difference in Sydney, I was up this morning whilst it was still pitch black outside. I got to notice the exact moment that the light penetrated the blackness and the sky was no longer purely dark. There is a distinct moment when that happens.

When something changes, it changes instantaneously. It might seems as if it has been changing over time but the reality is that there is a distinct moment in time where the situation alters irrevocably. Prior to the change, nothing is different. After the change, everything is different. The process leading up to the change might be painful or frightening in the same way as the cliche "it is always darkest right before the dawn". During this period is when you need your faith. Faith in the process, faith in your outcome, faith in yourself. This day is significant for me because it is my husband's birthday. The day after I met, everything was different and my life was altered forever and completely. I am so grateful for his presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment