01 June 2010

Clearing




It was really foggy when I hit the boardwalk this morning but after about 10 minutes the fog started to lift and the morning blossomed into a peaceful gorgeous setting. The sky started clearing in streaks of light. I know that it was actually the thinning of the clouds that made it possible for the light to shine through but it looked like it was the other way around. The lake was dead calm as it usually is after a night of storming. I got so unbelievably close to a couple ducks this morning that I thought perhaps I was invisible.

The irony is that I didn't want to go walking this morning. When I woke up and heard the rain pounding on my roof, I just wanted to stay in bed. Thankfully, I have this project because the rain had completely stopped by the time I got out there and I was so glad that I showed up. You never know when beauty and peace are going to be available to you. They might show up in the most unusual places. Your job is to heed the call to action that you feel. I could have easily doubted my commitment this morning but instead I followed through and was rewarded with a glorious experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment