24 June 2010

Contrasts



I watched the sunrise this morning from seat 18A on the Air Canada red eye flight from LA. What really captured my attention was the stunning contrasts. There were many big clouds. Some were storm clouds, others were white and fluffy. There was a thunderstorm just before we landed. The colour in the sky above the clouds was sharp and vibrant. Below the clouds, the light was filtered and deeply contrasted.

I couldn't help but notice that the contrast is what created all of the beauty this morning. The light could pierce right through the dark storm cloud. It was as though the light was compelled to pierce through the darkness; like it had a purpose. I've had that experience - where I am compelled by an unseen force to live my purpose. It's often during times of challenge when I am called to be my best self; often at the time when I feel like doing it the least. There is a polarity that propels the action. It's as though the challenge beckons my best gifts in the same way that the darkness entices the light to shine through. Eventually, the darkness or challenge has become a signal for a breakthrough in my life. This little reframe has made a world of difference in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment