17 June 2010

First Impressions




If I had made a decision about this day when I first walked out the door then it would not have been very positive. It was grey, overcast, windy and freezing. I almost turned around and went home. But I didn't. I kept focusing on the freshness in the windy cold air and walked. When I looked up in the sky the clouds were moving at an incredible clip. It was like watching a time lapse photography. After a few minutes the day started to change completely. The wind settled down and the sunrise got absolutely golden and gorgeous. Then, when I looked in the opposite sky there was a beautiful pink hue surrounding the skyline and the CN Tower. By the time I made my way up the steps from the beach, there were streams of golden light pouring from the sky right into the lake. And now, it's a beautifully sunny day.

Talk about having patience. The first impression of this day was not impressive. However, patience and an open mind and a willingness to look beyond the circumstances paid off in the end. I chose to focus on what was right about this morning even though there wasn't much. It paid off. The day changed so quickly and so overtly that it appeared miraculous. It can happen like that in any circumstance. The first impression isn't always the final impression. It often takes time for the result to catch up with the intention. The key is patience, faith and the willingness to focus on what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment