02 June 2010

Sunrise Hug


The sunrise was circular today. Well, not exactly but the pinky glow that precedes a sunrise wrapped all the way around the sky. It felt like a giant sunrise hug. I honestly felt like I was inside a circle of light that encased me in a loving embrace. I felt myself soften inside that protective energy.

As I was walking along the shore I felt tension leaving my shoulders and I felt my heart opening up. Everything seemed so much more vibrant when I did this. The birds chirping sounded louder and clearer. The waves lapping on the shore were more rhythmic and distinct. The colour in the sky was intense and far-reaching. I could even detect a faint smell of lingering lilacs from the final remaining blooms of this season. I wonder if I opened my heart first and then felt protected or if I initially conjured up a feeling of security into which my heart could blossom open. Maybe I'll try it the other way around tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment