05 June 2010

Giving In

Even the sun gives in now and then. It was a rainy grey morning today. I also decided to give in and watch the sunrise from my bed. I often wonder if the sunrise knows how I am feeling and then presents itself in the matching way to my state.

Giving in. Surrendering. Accepting what is. These are not easy concepts to practice in our modern go-go world. We are taught to believe that this means giving up. But it doesn't. Quite the contrary, actually. Sometimes the act of surrender is the very thing that moves the situation forward. By removing the resistance to what is then it frees the stuck energy. It moves things. It also preserves energy and serves to allow for replenishment. We all seek to be rejuvenated and giving in allows us to regain and rebuild energy stores. In a way, giving in is the best thing you can possible do.

No comments:

Post a Comment