29 June 2010

Giving Way

The sunrise was peaceful this morning on Quetico Lake. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who witnessed it in my little part of the world. It was also freezing out. I don't even think it was 10 degrees. As always in a new place, it took me a while to figure out where the sun would actually come up. I finally did. It was a subtle sunrise. The sun seemed to give way to the wind that was picking up speed at daybreak.

I often find it hard to just give way to what is happening. I find that I want to resist what is and that usually ends up with more tension on my part. When I finally surrender the tension then the whole thing opens up into another possibility. I can't even see this possibility while I am in the middle of the problem. I used to have to deal with everything "right away". Now, I take some extra time and give way to another way of doing things. It usually emerges right before I completely throw in the towel. Time is usually the magic ingredient. Time and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment