31 December 2010

End of the Road

I guess the sun was really being shy in these last few weeks of 2010. I kept hoping for a brilliant sunrise to end the year and this project. But that was not meant to be.

I can't believe that this is the last entry in my year-long project to write about every sunrise in 2010. I have witnessed and written about every sunrise for 365 days. Some have been spectacular and others nonexistent.

The project has taught me a lot about many things. I think the one concept that stands out is discipline. This project has helped me to develop discipline. There were many days where I didn't feel like making the effort to witness or to write. But I did. There were days of travel where it was challenging to get an entry in on the right date. But I did it. I realized that sometimes in life you just have to do what you said you would do. Therebis an old Buddhist saying that says before enlightenment you chop wood and carry water. Then, after enlightenment you chop wood and carry water. I love this phrase because it emphasizes that we must take disciplined action in order to get the most out of life. I am looking forward to taking such action in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment