02 December 2010

Seize the Day You Have

The sky was gray again today. Cold. Windy. Gray. Same as yesterday and the day before. I took a picture anyway because I realized that waiting for a more beautiful shot could take days still. It is winter after all and the weather is very unstable.

It dawned on me that I am partial to taking photos only on the days that are colourful and beautiful. However, I have come to appreciate the subtle beauty in shades of gray as my very good friend Sara Genn can paint the most sublime paintings using only gray tones. I wonder how many other things I put off because they aren't perfect and yet they are perfect in some other way. We don't get to pick our circumstances but we do get to pick our responses. Regardless of what's happening we can always choose to see beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment