21 December 2010

Winter Solstice


It was a calm and chilly morning on this, the shortest day of the year, for those of us in the northern hemisphere. There was ice forming along the edges of the lake and 3 swans graced me with their surprising presence as they foraged for food along the shore.

I am quite happy to have made it to the shortest day of the year. The days will only get longer now. Well, actually they will appear to standstill for 3 days and then, on Christmas day, the days will finally change direction and get longer and longer. I've heard that metaphor somewhere before. Anyway, I love this day because it reminds me that everything will pass. It gives me hope on the days when I feel like I am stuck. Speaking of endings, there are only 10 sunrises left in this project. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment