07 December 2010

Blanket of Beauty

The snow stopped falling at some point late last night. We awoke to a cottony blanket of snow and a gray sky. Only now, a few hours later, are the clouds breaking up. It is going to be a gorgeous day. It's amazing what a blanket of snow can do for the scenery. Despite the fact that the trees are all barren and the grass has stopped growing and there isn't a flower in sight, a blanket of snow brightens up the landscape to the point where it looks more beautiful than before.

Things aren't always what they seem. I used to view the world in black and whites. I used to think there was only one way to do it and one way to not do it. As I get older I am starting to see shades of gray. I am beginning to understand that there is no right way and that what's more important is that I do what's right in my heart in that moment. This perspective also gives me the ability to see another person's point of view without being attached to it. It leaves us both space to expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment