18 December 2010

Accepting What Is

I could tell that the weather wanted to change this morning. The gray clouds hung on long enough to prevent any sort of sunrise. However, they didn't last long after that. By noon, the sky had cleared to a pretty blue mottled with white puffs. It's too bad that it didn't happen at sunrise because it could have been spectacular. It was what it was.

How I often I have tried to not accept what is actually happening. How many times I have wished it to be some other way. Most of my angst comes from this type of behaviour. I find that when I am flexible and bend with the situation then it tends to turn out the best. Hanging on for my version of the what is should be is usually the biggest problem. Learning to accept what is actually happening is my biggest lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment