03 December 2010

Softness


It was such a peaceful, quiet and pretty morning along the lake at dawn. There were very few people and the lake was almost dead calm. A few times, I felt like the only person on earth. I came across the tree in the second photo that someone had lovingly adorned with Christmas decorations. I wondered who the person was and then speculated on the motivation for decorating just one little tree. I assumed it had to be a gesture towards a loved one lost.

This type of contemplation softens me. It causes me to take stock of everything in my own life. It puts me in a gratitude mood. Then, I start noticing everything that I am grateful for and the effect snowballs. It was only a 30 minute walk but it set a softer tone for the rest of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment