17 December 2010

Wavering

The sunrise was nonexistent this morning. The weather was at a standstill. It wasn't snowing but it wasn't not snowing either. It was hanging in the balance. Since the sunrise I have seen it snow and I have seen a brief glimpse of the sun. The whole thing feels utterly uncertain.

Uncertainty is not my strong point. I much prefer certainty. That being said, when things are too predictable then I get squirmy for some variety. But when there is too much variety, too much chaos then I yearn for certainty again. It feels like a tug of war. I remember writing that balance was a dynamic state. Well this has a lot to with balance. I suppose the real trick is learning to be flexible enough to handle the varying levels of certainty and uncertainty with grace and even ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment