17 September 2010

Simple Gratitude

It was such a simple sunrise this morning. There was a small band of clouds left over from yesterday's torrential rain. It gave a nice contrast to the bands of orange and gold that rimmed the horizon. Simple.

I have been reflecting on that which we consider simple and mundane. We usually move right past such things without so much as a glance. Yet, that which is simple in our lives may not even exists in other people's life. My daughter doesn't like to fold her clothes each week. Yet, as I pointed out to her this morning, there are many children who would gladly take that chore because there are not fortunate enough to have enough clothes to make folding clothes a mundane task. It's always about perspective. I am reminded of this when I suffer a hardship. It could also be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment