20 September 2010

Highway of Light

I stood on the edge of a pier today surrounded by the lake and watched every single movement of the sun as it rose above the horizon. I took the light directly into my eyes and let it wash through me. The light extended from the horizon all the way across the lake landing at my feet at the edge of the pier. It looked like a golden highway leading directly to the sun.

Every once in a while I get this odd sense of connectedness. Like there is no separation at all. It seems that way when we bustle about our lives trying to get something done. But, on mornings such as this one, I just feel the connection. I feel the rhythm. It doesn't last long and it also doesn't take much effort. It just takes a commitment to spend a couple minutes focused on the connection. It, no doubt, positively influences my focus for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment