29 September 2010

A Moment of Beauty

I was in a full rush this morning. However, I took the time to break for a few minutes and trot down to the lake to catch the sunrise. I could only stay for a few minutes but it was well worth it. I came to a full stop, took a few pictures, a couple deep breaths and just watched it. The whole experience was over in about 6 minutes but it felt a lot longer than that.

Coming to a full stop, even briefly, is very invigorating. I have noticed that the moments that I am able to stop everything (including the constantly whirring of my mind) then I am able to experience real peace, joy and love. It doesn't take much time to get to this place. What it takes is the commitment to STOP everything for just a few precious minutes. It feels like a mini-surrender where giving in to the moment allows for much more than a break from the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment