25 September 2010

Coolness

The sky was covered in a cool grey blanket of clouds this morning. The air was crisp and clean. It was a classic autumn morning. The sun rose quietly and without fanfare on this lazy Saturday morning. After a week of spectacular sunrises, the sun has most definitely earned a day off.

I find myself contemplative on days like this. I wonder if its because my attention is not focused on a beautiful sunrise. More of my attention is focused inward, taking stock. The power we have to shape our lives is truly amazing. Every once in a while I become acutely aware of this power and a great sense of peace falls over me. Even in the midst of chaos, I know that everything happens for a purpose and that life is exactly as it should be. Sometimes, this is enough to get me through a tough spot. Other times, it take a little more awareness and a few breathing techniques. Even on a tough day, life is a precious gift including all of the challenges that come with it. Without them we would not be who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment