16 September 2010

Gentle Preparations

This picture presents a more gentle look at this morning's sunrise than was the actual case. I suppose it's hard to photograph the wind. It was very windy down by the lake. The welcome cool air was blowing in a storm. The sky is preparing for this storm but not before the sun could sneak through and make its mark for the day.

I love being prepared. In fact, I like preparing things way ahead of time so I can enjoy the moments that lead up to the event. I prefer this to the alternative, which is rushing around at the last minute like a chicken with my head cut off. Don't get me wrong, I do both but prefer the former. Somehow, it allows me to more present when I take my time and get things done ahead of time. I like to savour the last few minutes noticing all that is going on around me. It's more than just physical preparation, it's mental prep as well. In fact, I think that's the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment