14 September 2010

Golden Glow

The sun rose brilliantly over Lake Ontario this morning. It's good to be home. It was one of those sunrises where it starts with a golden glow and spreads upwards. But as soon as you notice the golden glow then the sun pops up. There isn't a lot of detail and fancy fare. Plain and simple.

I like simple. I wish my life were more simple. I wonder if I fill my life with chaos in order to force growth and resource development. When my life is too chaotic and I hit my breaking point then I am forced to find a new way of being. It may not be the most gentle strategy but it seems to get the job done. If I increase the pressure just slightly higher than I can handle then it forces me to find a way that works. According to Prigogine's work (Nobel Prize Chemistry in 1977), a system under great perturbation will either find a new more complex functioning or it will tend to further chaos. I'm hoping for more complex functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment