27 September 2010

Anticipation

It seemed as though the sun would never rise this morning. That could be because the sky was full of dark clouds that were so thick that no light could pass through. This picture was taken less than 15 minutes before the rising of the sun and it was still almost pitch dark.

To top it all off, I was in a hurry this morning so I couldn't spend a leisurely morning walking along the boardwalk. I could literally feel the desire to rush the sunrise. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't make it happen quicker. This is not the first time that I have felt this hurried-ness. As soon as I noticed it, I stopped and looked around and noticed what was right in front of me. The waves were rhythmically hitting the shore in such a soothing manner that I instantly relaxed and enjoyed the few precious moments that I did have. Paradoxically, rushing around is the exact thing that caused me to take pause and slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment