14 January 2011

Peace

I chose peace and it was a relatively peaceful day yesterday. The snow was falling all day but it was gently falling. In fact, the air felt peaceful when the snow was falling. It wasn't until after the snow stopped falling that the wind picked up and it felt like winter again.

I was walking down University avenue and I happened to notice the Canada Life building. This building is famous in Toronto because the lights atop the building are a weather indicator. The bulb at the top was flashing red which indicates that the weather is going downhill. The lights were moving downwards which means the temperature is dropping. Many Torontonians do not even know about the Canada Life building and it's weather function. However, I've known about since moving to Toronto some 20 years ago. Seeing it give me a sense of peace because it's predictable and dependable. Or maybe my choosing peace gave me the opportunity to experience it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment