25 January 2011

A Friend in Need

I was tired last night. Really tired. I am in the middle of teaching an NLP Practitioner course so my days are long and filled with energy. I was concerned on my way home that I hadn't really done a good deed for the day in all the busy-ness. Yes, I gave my all to the students. Yes, I really made a difference in their lives. But, it didn't feel complete.

I got the opportunity late last night to go the extra mile for a friend in need. My tiredness fell away as I came into the state of helping my friend. It was amazing. I was listening and just being there, not necessarily trying to fix it or offer advice. Rather, it was just a witnessing of my friend in a tough spot. I was really overwhelmed with the honour of being able to witness his shift. I know he was grateful for my support but I was surprised at how much I changed as a result of my intention. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment