24 January 2011

Kiddies

I love looking for a way to help people. Even when I'm feeling really crappy it changes my focus and therefore my emotional state. I went for a huge snowshoe on Saturday afternoon with my sister-in-law and a some other friends. It was hard work. I was wiped out completely afterwards. My sister-in-law got a big headache that turned into a migraine. There must have been something in the air. She had to cancel her plans to go out that night and just hit the sack. It seemed that everyone in our family was wiped out, including me. I was in bed by 8pm.

That being said, I was up early. I'm an early riser on most days but after an 8pm bedtime, it's a given. With my new focus, I decided to give my sister-in-law and brother-in-law the gift of sleeping in. I got their daughter from her crib and cuddled with her and then set her playing with her cousins. Then, I put on the extremely slow coffee maker so it would be ready when they got up. Finally, I set to the task of making mickey mouse pancakes for all the kids (hers and mine). They loved it. And I felt so good to be giving (even the smallest gesture). I really love this project. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment