27 February 2010

No Break

It doesn't matter how tired the sun is, it has got to rise every day. Me, on the other hand, I can pay attention to when I need more rest. That day was today. I did arise at sunrise but jumped quickly back into bed for what the Brit's call a "lie-in". We spent over 12 hours travelling yesterday and I was just plain knackered.

I think it's important to pay attention to fatigue because my guess is that it is responsible for most meltdowns. Take, my kids for example. They had a few meltdowns today. I am sure that is because they are also tired and jet lagged. I have some compassion for their little bodies but I still find it challenging to accept their meltdown behaviour outright. Instead, I am attempting to help them understand that they are tired and need to pay attention to that tiredness instead of taking it out on the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment