05 February 2010

Be

The sun never alters who it is. It never compromises, never changes and never worries about what other people think. Even when the sun causes sun burns it doesn't change. Yet, how often do I dilute myself when confronted with challenging people or circumstances. I realize that this only hurts me in the long run. And, it ultimately shows up as a projection in the people around me.

I realize that I have, in the past, altered who I was in order to fit into some perceived expectation of the people around me. Eventually this alteration has come back to haunt me and I have found myself feeling powerless as a result. The only way out has been to reclaim the part of me that I thought I had to negate. This isn't always easy. However, it is usually the only way to freedom. Be who you are, no matter what. Anything less won't work. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment