21 February 2010

It Keeps on Shining

Another picture-perfect sunrise in Whistler. I think the Canadian Olympic Team wishes it were having the same luck. It seems as though Canada gets 5th place a lot. I wonder if that's because we are missing that final "all or nothing" attitude or perhaps we are just content to let someone else win. I can't figure it out. I know that I certainly like to win however there are times where I also love to watch someone else as they reach their ultimate dream as well.

Maybe life isn't always about winning. Perhaps it's about experiencing what you're meant to experience, which might include losing. It might even include falling down, stumbling or outright failure (gasp!). I personally know that there are golden lessons contained in these challenges. In fact, I would argue that these are your most important lessons. In order to glean the learnings though you must be willing to sit in the centre of the storm with your heart wide open. This is the real challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment