15 February 2010

Golden Morning



Last night I witnessed history-in-the-making as Canada finally won a gold medal on home soil while hosting the Olympics. It was an awesome and emotion-filled moment. You could feel the energy in all the people around watching and experiencing the same elation.

This morning I was lucky enough to spend my morning sunrise hike on Bowen Island, BC. This place used to be my home and I swear that a part of my soul still resides here. As I walked along the edge of the ocean I was treated to a familiar sight of the north shore mountains as the morning sun began to light up the sky. There was a high cloud which is common this time of year and it acted as a veil to the full strength of the sun. However, the air was crisp and the view spectacular. It didn't really matter what the sun did. I was just happy to be here. I think that's a good way to start my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment